Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wow...I gotta take it way back. I haven't blogged since like Friday I believe, so let me start from Saturday. Saturday was field day at the Highland Rd. Observatory. We arrived at like 3:00 in the afternoon, we tried to wait for the sun to go down a little bit. Soon as we got there, we hopped on the radios. I worked to ten meter band with Ms. Ava and we sat there for hours and made no contacts. Even before I came, she said she had been sitting there since 1:00 noon and had only made 2 contacts. I think she kind of really wanted me to talk on the air, so she moved me a station over and I sat there for less the 5 minutes and made a contact in Kansas. The day continued, we ate and went on the nature walk trail. After that, we went in the small dome, and seen Saturn through the telescope again. Ashle E. wanted me to come back out with her and work the 6 meter band, That was very boring because we couldn't make contact with anyone...

Sunday......We just stayed in, and worked on our PDR and slept. Wasn't really to much to do, since we had work to do and no vehicle. We could have went back to field since it had rolled over into Sunday, but we just couldn't bare the heat.

Monday.......I can't even remember what I did Monday, I think I'm getting old...WOW.! ( Probably just worked on the PDR)

Tuesday......The worst day of my life. I got not 100, not 200, not 300, not 400, but $500 docked from my pay check. I heard 500 and heart felt like it dropped. Now we know Greg means business, (not saying we don't take you serious). The decision we had yesterday with Greg seemed very useful, because we came to the conclusion that we were going to have meetings everyday with him at 10:00 a.m. to reassure that everything in our group is going good. Both groups worked really hard together last night, by helping each other on the PDR, staying in the lab until today. We decided that we were going to try to really work harder on this project since everyone doesn't think we are putting much effort into it.

Today......We had our meeting this morning with Jim about our times corresponding with his. He knows we need on this project, so he gave us an option of being here early getting the work done, then being able to leave early when done. PDR review went well. I was actually impressed that Greg said that we had the the best science requirements written in PACER history. Along with that, we made alot of other minor mistake about vagueness and scrambled information. I think that this was the easies document that we have had to do so far. May it was easier because we had the Pre-PDR and the revision from everyone helped us put it together a little better this time around. We also won the award for best document again. Now its time for the Pre-CDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment